Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Slipping through my Fingers
I can't even begin to tell you how much this picture describes how I feel lately. I feel like all I do is run around trying to catch sand in an open hand while watching it fall through my fingers. Life is always crazy and busy but lately it just seems overwhelming. I think it is because both home and work are demanding at the same time. Add in a lack of sleep, overtime at work and increased stress from too much on a small plate and that sand just keeps falling right through. I feel like I run around with a to do list that never gets done and only gets longer. I am not sure what the solution is. A vacation is coming in mid August but I need a break from the world for a day or two; where everything stops and no one needs anything or my to do list can be put on hold. I am tired of chasing things at work only to be further behind. I feel like I can't take a day off when that's exactly what I need. I am not really sure what the solution is in the short term but I wanted to write down my thoughts hoping it might clarify my decision to change things in the long term. I hate change when that's exactly what is happening all the time. Irony at it's finest. Some things never change and some things always do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This post was heartbreaking. I wish I had some advice or something to say other than that I've felt that way before, and it's awful. It feels like every day is a dream sequence where you're running but not getting anywhere. I'm so sorry, my friend.
ReplyDeleteHow are things today?
ReplyDeleteI am sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad. It's just something I need to work through in my own time. Thanks for your concern. I am doing okay with it. I just need a little bit of downtime to catch my breath. I have a few other ideas I also need to work on. I will get to the other side, I always do. I just let it get me overwhelmed lately and that's never good when you are tired and get stressed. Thanks for being here. *Big hugs*
ReplyDeleteYou really DO need some downtime, and that's no lie. Recharging when things are at their worst can help keep you from making critical mistakes. I wish I lived near you. It's times like these I feel guilty for having so much free time when I see someone with so little.
ReplyDelete