Thursday, December 2, 2010
When It Rains, It Pours
Why is it that always true? Sunday is the one year anniversary of my grandma's death. This past Sunday my husband's grandfather who will be 94 next month was hospitalized for a fall in his home. While in the hospital, he suffered heart attack. We have been worried all week waiting for word on his condition. Today he received a pacemaker and is doing well. Earlier today my stepmom called to tell me that my father had been admitted to the hospital. Things are sounding very bad and apparently he has not been well since Tuesday. The longer this goes on the worse it is getting. I am extremely concerned about him and I am not sure if they know what is the problem. My sister was able to break free and having a medical background is fielding all of the interaction and understanding of my father's treatment. Her current assessment is not good and her advice based on his condition was to stay put and wait until things improved slightly. So tomorrow being Friday I will go to work and do what I need to do and then the three of us will pack up the car and go out for the weekend. Unfortunately my son will miss the Christmas play at daycare he has been practicing for and looking forward to but I don't think that can be helped. I am just hoping things improve and my father can get whatever treatment he needs. I don't think I can bear the thought of losing him right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment